Join the Apps for Europe Competition
Are you making an open data based app? Apps for Europe runs an annual competition to find the best new apps across Europe that we can help scale into viable businesses.
- Who can enter? Anyone, but especially developers using open data!
- How do I enter? You can enter your idea online or you can connect to your local Business Lounge.
- Timeframe of the competition? The 2014 competition has now closed and we're seeking new entries for next year's competition. Winners are invited to FutureEverything in 2015
- Are there any criteria I have to meet? Yes, a few. You can find out more here.
We are looking for apps that are:
- Easy to use
- Orientated towards creating viable businesses and services
- Showing the world the potential of open data
What can I win?
Join the online competition and win 1 of the 10 exclusive spots at the International Business Lounge at FutureEverything in Manchester in 2015. If you win your local Business Lounge you are automatically invited. You will receive a ticket to Future Everything as well as travel and accommodation. There you will get the chance to exhibit your app to the entire Future Everything audience throughout the day, along with the other winning innovative apps from all over Europe. But that's not all! You also get the opportunity to pitch your app to an international audience of investors, government agencies, companies and individuals keen to share their skills, experience, resources and money to help scale your app into a successful international business. For more information on what's in it for you, have a look here.
Who is judging the competition?
All online entries will be judged by our Apps for Europe partners: an experienced network of European companies with links to investors and expertise in bringing promising ideas to scale. They have a shared agenda to help transform open data into business. For more information have a look at our Selection Criteria and Judging page.
Why open data?
Neelie Kroes, who strongly supports Apps for Europe, estimates the value of open data to be billions of Euros. By helping you scale your idea into a successful business that could reach across Europe, we progress potential of open data, with you!
About Apps for Europe?
Apps for Europe is a support network with a mission to turn data based apps into viable businesses. For further information about our consortium have a look here.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you.